A collection of Inspirational war quotes from soldiers, commanders, and political leaders, who have been fighting for their nations and have led their soldiers and people into great wars, and successfully led them during hard times.
If you wish to share some more related quotes with us and other readers, you can share them with us using the comment section at the end of the page.
Inspirational War Quotes
- We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Prime Minister of England
- If death strikes before I prove my blood, I swear I’ll kill Death.
Capt Manoj Kumar Pandey
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.
- Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Revenge me if I die!
Ngo Dinh Diem
President of the Republic of Vietnam
- Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste death but once.
- The enemy are only 50 yards from us. We are heavily outnumbered. We are under devastating fire. I shall not withdraw an inch but will fight to our last man and our last round.
Major Somnath Sharma
- Ask not what your country can do for you;
ask what you can do for your country.
John F. Kennedy
President of the United States
- I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.
Capt. Nathan Hale
- It is not big armies that win battles, it is the good ones!
Marshal Maurice de Saxe
Marshal General of France
- In war there is no second prize for the runner-up.
General Omar N. Bradley
- No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country.
General George S Patton
- Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting.
- In war there is no substitute for victory.
General Douglas MacArthur
- We fight to win and win with a knock out, because there are no runners up in war.General JJ Singh
- The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.